月曜日, 2月 23, 2009

Shallow

I bought cleats today at Decathlon for 35 euro, which is about 45 dollars, what the fuck? I don't care what they say, inflation is not an appropriate band-aid for the American economy. Go ask Iceland.

I bought cleats today at Decathlon for what looked like a really cheap price. I'm pretty happy about it, actually; what matters really isn't the amount it's worth in dollars now but the amount that it was worth before I changed the money. Oops, that's money I took out of my bank account instead of from the paper stack I brought over. So it was really 45 dollars. Fuck.

Oh well, that's fine. I bought cleats today at Decathlon, and that gives me some hope for frisbee. Obviously hope isn't the first thing on my mind right now, if the above indicates anything, but it's a good damn step. A damn good step.

Decathlon was really cheap for Paris clothing; I was really impressed and recommend anyone go there. In fact it was basically cheaper than prices you see in the States, which is what I was the most impressed about.

So shopping therapy did something to soulage my thoughts, my poison thoughts, today. I got a pair of gym shorts, gym pants, yet another thin coat (how many have I bought this year?), and those cleats. Yum. Need more gym-ish t-shirts. Oh, and the best part is jumping on clothes that are at the "end of the line" which is what the French literally is, I think. The ones that need to be sold so they can usher in the new.

I think French class helped just as much today. I finally have something concrete to do, although I don't really want to do it. That's okay.

Now it's time to plan my future for the billionth time in the last two years. I have to decide soon, soon soon where to go for Spring break and before Spring Break and after that. Oh, and let's not forget deciding on housing for Tufts, a wonderful university where res-life just don't understand. Sigh; these... every decision is so arbitrary yet every effect lasts so long, a year or so, a life or so...

I guess I just gotta go with it. Believe that there is only one route out there for me, but don't believe that it's pre-destined: believe that I have the free will to choose it, and yet that there is one will that will shine through from all other wills willing to expose themselves. And don't mince words, and go for it.

Haha, that shit's hard.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Leave a comment.
Laisse-moi un commentaire.